"Art is not a mirror with which to reflect the world; it is a hammer with which to shape it"

Thursday 6 September 2007

Age Of Panic

How do you feel old very, very quickly? Talk to someone young.

I was talking to my cousin's 14 year old boy, not so long ago, and we were talking music- a wondrous subject. He asked me if I had anything special. And I said I had a record worth £100+ in some parts. I thought that should make him say 'wow' or some such other youth related term. Instead I got....

"What's a record?"

...I thought he was jesting. But no! Finally, after some consideration he came to conclusion I meant the old-fashioned plasticy things with a hole in the middle. Then, he said 'wow' and disappeared off to do 'young person stuff'.

I slunk off to my cave to work out how to create fire. With sticks.

No comments: